Date Night

Saturday, April 30, 2011

I really do have the best husband ever. He loves our kids, he loves me, and he will do just about anything to make everyone happy. Here are some enjoyable pics of us from the past few months.














If you're married, you know that you can probably say just as many things that your spouse does to annoy you as things he does that you love about him. That's how relationships work. None of us are anywhere near perfect. I am lucky that I have always loved my husband.

*****Disclamer***** We do not always like each other, but we have always been in love. I think so many couples think they have to like each other all the time to have a successful relationship.

News Flash!!! That's NEVER going to happen. You cannot like someone all the time. For cryin' out loud, we don't even like our kids all the time, and they're our own flesh and blood.

I also think we don't talk enough about relationships. They're not anywhere near easy. It is so important to have a group of friends that you can be honest about your relationship with your spouse about. It makes you feel so much more normal, when you know you're not the only one who doesn't like their spouse sometimes.

The past couple weeks have been rough for Brian and me. We have both been working a lot, and trying to "do it all." Finally we had one of those, "um, hi?" conversations. Like it's been nice seeing every night when I come to sleep conversations.

With blogging, I have been on the computer a lot lately, and with Spring Bling (our annual Spring training event) around the corner, I've had a lot going on. Not to mention trying to train for this 1/2 marathon (tomorrow!...I'm not talking about it because I'm nervous), and everything the kids have going on. He just experienced Easter weekend at church, and a huge youth cookout (that brought in 412 kids!). We've both just been living our separate lives.

So tonight, we're going on date night. (Which we usually do at least twice a month). And it's super hard to schedule and make work, but it is so worth it! To have a conversation without a child crawling all over you, is extremely important.

I guess my point in all this writing is that YOU need a date night too! Take the time to spend with each other. Remember why you love each other and even like each other.

I'm off! Going to hang out with my hubby, and I can't wait. Wishing you intentional time with your spouse soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs