The decisions we make

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I've often times told new recruits that being successful with Scentsy is simply a decision. You have to decide that you want to make this work as a business.

I believe that's the honest truth. I've seen many people be extremely successful with Scentsy, and I've seen many people fail. And the one thing the successful people have in common is that they've all made the decision to be successful. You don't become successful on accident. It's a decision you have to make and a commitment you have to follow through with.

And it's the same thing with anything in life. I was telling the girls in my prayer group tonight that one of the things I've had to decide to be okay with is the fact that I cannot manage my e-mails. The main problem is that I get more e-mails in a day than I can time effectively respond to. I could be a slave to my e-mail, but I choose not to. I do my best to respond when I can, but I've decided that I just can't spend 8+ hours a week on e-mails. So I've made the decision to let it go. I spend 30 minutes a day minimum on responding to e-mails, and find peace in knowing that I'm putting my kids and my family first. I plan on coming up with a great plan soon for effectively managing large volumes of e-mails, and I will be sure to share as soon as I figure it out. Until then, I'm okay with knowing my inbox will never be empty (or even close to it).

The thing about our decisions is that they make us who we are. They define our values, but sadly, we often make day to day decisions without blinking an eye. We often have to ask ourselves, "How am I spending my time?" What decisions am I making (and committing to) to better my family and my lifestyle?"

What decisions are you making today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs