Me Time

Monday, April 18, 2011

Last night I wrote about Big Rocks and making sure that you put them in your weekly jar first. One of your big rocks should be what I call "Me time."

Unfortunately, when you're trying to make everything fit into a week, "Me time" is usually the 1st thing to go. One of the reasons I started a bible study group was for scheduled "Me time" every week.

We meet every Monday for about 3 hours. And almost every Monday, I feel like I have too much to do to take time out to go to bible study. Luckily, we have a lot of accountability, and every Monday I make it there to spend time with other women.

This scheduled 'me time" has been been instrumental in my intentional peace over the past 6 months. It is time well needed away from the every day tasks of raising a family. Now, don't get me wrong, there is nothing more rewarding to me than raising my babies, but sometimes, I just need a break.

The group of women in our bible study have become my rest, my peace, my friends, and my home away from home. I love them. And I love being a place where we can all be challenged to be even better women than we are.

Tonight we had a night out on the town. It was a fun change for us to have a night to just hang out and get to know each other better. Here I am with my prayer group girls, Natalie Daws, Kritsi Evans, Amy Marc-Charles and myself. We thought a Charlie's Angels pose would be appropriate for our prayer group. 

And us being a little more prayerful ;)

We're silly, but we have a lot of fun, and we find a lot of peace in sharing with each other every week.

My point in telling you all this is to remind you how important "me time" really is. What are you doing for yourself each week? What are you doing for your spiritual and mental health? If you're not scheduling in time for you, you're probably not being as productive as you can be.

Setting aside time for yourself will make you more focused, more intentional, and more cheerful. I guarantee it!

But if it's that great, why do so many of us neglect it? Feeling guilty is not the answer. Feeling fulfilled is what you want, and often you can only find that fulfillment after a little "me time."  Try getting a group of women together weekly for "me time." It doesn't have to be a bible study. You could get together for a book club or wine and cheese night once a week. I don't know what it looks like for you, but I know that having accountability and consistency can make a lot of difference in whether or not your "me time" actually happens.

Hoping you seek out some "me time" this week! 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks to Amy Marc-Charles for letting me steal these pics from her facebook page. If anyone from tonight has a good group pic, will you send it to me please? I'd love to add it!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs