A Million Reasons I Love Sundays

Sunday, April 3, 2011

(Disclaimer....I'm going all Spring Cleaning and Organizational on you this entire week!)

There really are a million reasons I love Sundays. One of them being that Sunday is a day to worship, be at church with family, and it usually involves some sort of delicious lunch. Sunday is also a day of relaxation for me. It's one of the only days that I usually don't do any form of "work" at all. I just spend the day doing whatever comes our way and loving on my babies.

One of my most favorite things about Sunday is that it represents a new beginning. It's like a start over. After a long week of great happenings or possibly minor setbacks, Sunday presents itself like the sun does each morning, with new promises of light for the week ahead.

Sunday is my day of planning. I plan out my entire week (day by day) every Sunday. And I actually love doing it. It allows me to see the big picture of the week and to make a point to focus on the things that really matter. I think we are so often overrun by the day to day tasks of life, that we forget to truly live.

Not only do I plan out my calendar of to-dos and appointments, but I also plan out our dinners for the week. My goal every week is to cook 3-4 meals that we'll be able to eat together as a family. Those dinners get moved from my calendar to the grocery list, and when Brian gets home from church, off I go to the grocery store!

The grocery store (when alone and without children) can be a sacred place. I'm not trying to make a joke. Just hang with me...

Now when I say grocery store, I am not talking about Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart and I are not friends. I can't stand that place, and even though there is one almost right across the street from us, I refuse to enter the doors. It stresses me out. There are always a million people trying to push their overhauled carts down lanes that are too small to begin with. And then to top it all off, you ALWAYS have to wait in line to check out. I simply cannot understand why they have a million check out lanes, but will only open 3 of them. (Sorry for the rant. I just really didn't want you to think there was anything even close to sacred about Wal-mart.)

Anyways, back to me loving real grocery stores. I have to thank my wonderful husband for allowing me to grace the aisles of Crest without my children in tow. It is so much more enjoyable by yourself. I go in with my list and my headphones (yes, I'm that person), and listen to a podcast while I mark off each item on the list. I make sure we have everything we need for the week; I allow my mind to be filled with the thoughts of Joyce Meyer, Andrew Womack, or Steven Furtick while I pick out grapes, and life is good, and I'm renewed.

Oh Sundays....thank you for being a day of rest and preparation all in one. I'm now looking towards a new week with new things to do and places to be (oh, and dinners to prepare) with an optimistic soul, hoping that each item gets marked off the list and that I end up with a little margin before it's all said and done.

Why do you love Sundays? Are you taking advantage of them? Are you using them to recharge and re-focus? Try it on for size. A little intention never hurt anyone.

~Teaser: Tomorrow will involve a fabulous new find from an online source with great dinner ideas and plans! It'll make planning your meals, so much easier! You won't want to miss it!  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs