A Night of Sugary Fun!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

I think I've mentioned that I love holidays. One of the main reasons is because I really like to entertain. It's always a lot of work, but I think it's fun!

Tonight my mom, sister, and I stayed up way too late making lots of sugary confections for our family Easter celebration tomorrow. We each wanted to make dessert.

Mom took on what was supposed to be a "crock pot" brownie turtle dessert, but she ended up making it in the oven.



I decided to tackle those cute little Rice Krispie treat surprises (you may have seen the commercial)....they're egg shaped and have M&Ms inside. (and looked simple enough to make)




And my ambitious sister decided to attempt to make cake balls on a stick. (Not as easy as it sounds.)

Here we are around 11:45pm with our creations in hand. (Mom is holding a piece of caramel...she didn't think it would be a good idea to pick up the entire pan of brownies)

Here is my sister with the 1st cake ball she got to stick on the stick. (All the other ones poked right through the stick)


Ahhhhh the wonderful Rice Krispie surprise eggs. The commercial makes them look like they are sooooo easy to make. Wrong! Not easy. You have to put Pam on your hands to even attempt rice krispie treats. (But oh how good they are!)


Oh look cake ball #2! Now with Easter sprinkles. She's excited....can you tell?


My mom, placing her brownie creation into the oven.


This is me, getting my hands sprayed with Pam so I can make rice krispie eggs. "Grease me up!" It is a very necessary step in making krispie eggs. Don't skip this step.

They look fun don't they? Let me warn you, they are sticky! 


Mom's brownie thing. No one really knows what it is. All I know is it had to bake twice as long as the instructions said it would. But it looks delicious. 


And the cake balls (definitely the messiest!) but they turned out cute. No word as to whether they taste good or not yet. We were all to sugared out to try them at this point. I guess we'll know tomorrow. 
What a fun night! These are the memories I want to create with Addison (and Luke if he'll bake with me). I remember being in the kitchen with my mom and sister when we were growing up all the time, and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world.

I am so incredibly blessed to be able to spend great days like today with my family. It's fun to create, reminisce, stay up late, and eat too much sugar. Thanks for another great night of memories mom and sister!

Wishing you many nights of memories made with your families....no matter how late you have to stay up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs