So Today....

Thursday, April 14, 2011

So today was interesting to say the least.

I took Luke into the doctor. He's been running a fever for a couple days now. Of course, I was running late on the way to the doctor. And by late, I mean 20 minutes late. Great huh?

We get to the doctor, and they agree to see us, but we'll have to wait. Okay, great. Just glad they're going to see us.

So we wait. Of course, Luke has a double ear infection. We leave with prescription in hand and head out to the car. Luke was holding both Buzz (Lightyear, that is) and Woody in his hand. Unfortunately, when we get to the car, I realize that we no longer have Woody. I strap Luke in the car, turn the car on, shut the door, and head back into the doctor's office to find the lost cowboy.

I come out, Woody in hand....do you see yet where this is going?

I go to open the door, and it's locked. And so are all the other doors. Ah, good. That's great. My phone, my purse, my baby are all in the car. Luckily, we recently changed doctors. Our doctors' office is literally about 3 blocks from our house.

So at this point, with my baby locked in the car, I have a decision to make. And here is what I came up....I should run home to get the extra set of keys.

Brilliant huh?!

For some random reason, I decided to put my running shoes, leggings, and a t-shirt on this morning when I got dressed. I hardly ever wear stuff like that unless I plan on running....which I did not plan on doing today.

Until I locked my kid in the car.

This was my thought process.

Okay, I can run home to get the extra set of keys quicker than anyone can meet me here. So what did I do? I ran home. With Woody in hand.

I just knew someone would drive by and I could flag them down to make my trip quicker. Did any neighbors drive by? Of course not. So I ran.

I get home. Open the garage door. Grab the keys, and then decide that I should ride a bike back (that would be faster!)

Unfortunately, of the 3 bikes in our garage, all the tires were flat. So out the garage I go. (Still with Woody in hand...not sure why I didn't leave him at home, but I didn't.)

Now, I guess you could say this is why I've been running. But I was feeling super out of shape on my 3 block trek home. I was running much faster than my normal pace!

I just knew that when I got back to the doctor's office, my child would be screaming at the top of his lungs, there would be a nurse (or all the nurses for that matter) at my car, calling DHS on me. I just knew it.

Luckily when I got back, Luke was not crying. He was fine. He did look a little confused. He was probably sitting in his car seat saying, "hit pay" which translates to "hit play" on the DVD player. Poor kid had to watch the menu screen the entire time I was on my little jog.

There were no nurses standing around the car ready to judge me for leaving my child in the car while I took a jog home. (I figured if I couldn't get in, then no one else could either.)

Needless to say, I think that's all you need today. Turns out I'm now in the "real mom" club. I guess they don't let you in until you lock a kid in the car. Who knows.

I ate half a sleeve of girl scout thin mints and a diet vanilla pepsi for lunch. Calling it a day.

Hope that one made you smile. True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs