Give them the Best Days....

Monday, May 30, 2011

When I first started my journey as a work-from-home-mom, I had no idea how hard it would be. It was something I dreamed about for a long time. I wanted to be there for everything...for every smile, every tear, every bruised knee, and every day full of fairy princess tea parties.

And I have loved every minute of it. But there have been challenges balancing work, my babies, house work, and my marriage. One thing I have found to be true over and over again is that you can never give your kids too much quality time, and by quality time, I mean time with just you....no phone, no computer...no work...just you.

This song, The Best Day, has been a constant reminder for me of the kind of days I want to have with my kids. I want them to remember painting and hay rides and movie days with popcorn and candy.

I have a post it note on my desk that says "Give them the best days." It's a reminder that helps me to stay focused, so that my time working is efficient and effective so that we can have the best days together.

Take a moment to listen to this song. My it be an inspiration to you and the days that you want to have with your babies.


May all your days be the best days.

2 comments:

  1. holy conviction! I NEEDED THAT ONE! Thank you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in tears right now Allison. I can't seem to find the balance and I feel like the time with my son is suffering, my business is suffering and well, if you walk into my house, you'll see my house is too! How do you do it? How do you balance it all? I feel like the worlds worst mom & business woman ever!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs