Let the Summer Roll in!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

It doesn't matter how hard I try, summer always gets the best of me in the best kind of way. I think summer is God's way of giving us a great excuse to lie in a hammock and read a book or lie on a pool mat and nap.


 The official arrive of summer makes me want to throw my planner out the window (and you, of all people, know how much I love my planner)! Even though I just said that, I have my planner sitting next to me, and I'm making notes in it as we speak. So I guess summer doesn't really make me want to go planner less.

This summer comes with quite a few changes for our family, and although I would like it to, I don't believe it's going to be as hammock filled as I'd like it to be. We've got just a few things planned.  My sister moved in tonight (just for a couple weeks) which means more clothes for me! I love it!

We are leaving in the middle of the week to head to Tennessee for a wedding. Luke is the ring bearer and Brian is a groomsman. We've rented a 3 bedroom house on the lake to stay in. I'm hoping the kids and I get a couple lazy days playing in the yard and enjoying each other.




The next weekend, we're helping with the national NKH conference that is being held in Oklahoma City. I am so excited about serving at this event! Here is my favorite NKH baby, Ms. Ellie Kate McLaughlin. To read more about NKH, go to http://www.nkh-network.org/


Then that same weekend, we'll head to Orlando and Disney World on a FREE trip (yes, you read that right), a free trip that I earned through Scentsy! I don't think I would take my kids if I had to pay for the trip since they're only 2 and 4, but of course I'm taking them for FREE! I am crazy excited! And so is Addison.


To top all of that off, we're going to plan all our lake trips this week. We bought a boat last year, and I will say it has been on of the best investments we've ever made for our family. When we're on the lake, we're on the lake. And there is no work and no TV and nothing except us. The kids love it; we love it; and I can't wait to get on the water!



Addy and her daddy driving the boat...she does have a life jacket...I swear....she always wears it too. I have no idea what happened here. 

Luke and uncle Tommy going for a ride. (He also has a life jacket. That he always wore! I have no idea why they are life jacket less in these pics. It makes me nervous just looking at them.) 
He's a great uncle!

Oh course Luke had to drive too. (And I'm still baffled by the no life jacket issue. Who knows?! I also don't know why he's naked.)

LOL! You know what's great about this picture?! We put our golden retriever (who can swim!) in a life jacket, but not our child. Still baffled. Going to look for pics of him in a life jacket right now.
Nope. Still no life jacket. 
So those are our plans for the next 3 months. I really do love the summer. It makes the "planner" in me cringe, but it os so good for my soul. It makes me set things aside and go with the flow every once in a while. 

Bring on the sun. Bring on the fun. Let the summer roll in! 



Happy Memorial Day Weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs