Forever Young

Friday, June 3, 2011

I always cry at weddings. I don't know why. I just do. Marriage is such a journey.

But this post isn't about the love between a man and a woman, but about the love between a father and son. Tonight at the rehearsal dinner we attended, the father of the groom stood up and said a few words about his son, Daniel.

He spoke of how he and Daniel's mom sometimes just made it by as parents (much like we all do). We never really know what we're doing, and many times our children teach us more than we teach them.

And at the end of his brief talk about his son, he told about the night before Daniel went into the navy. He said,
"I'll never forget the night before Danny went into the Navy. I went into his room and sat at the end of his bed while he was sleeping, and I remember thinking, 'this is the last time he will ever live here.' And I was right. Danny, I hope you have as much fun with my grand babies as we had with you."

Broke my heart! And to top it off, I was holding my sweet little man in my lap during this speech as he was looking at pictures on my phone of both my kids. And then, he played this song and danced with the bride, who then danced with her daddy and then with Daniel. What a sweet night. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs