Friendship that runs deep

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I was blessed to spend the weekend with my husband's group of high school friends, aka "the crew."

One of the most interesting things to me about the weekend was how strong the friendship these boys (and Tiffanie) had and continue to have 10 years after they graduated high school. I have to wonder how that happens. I don't know a ton of people who are still friends with people they were friends with in high school.

I have one friend from high school. She's been my best friend since kindergarten, so there was really no escaping us continuing to be friends. We have that kind of friendship that simply understands. We don't have to speak, we don't have to gossip, we can just be.

As I've grown up, I know have more friends like that, whom I trust and know and feel completely comfortable around, but I am just still in awe that these boys have this bond that has run longer than a decade, and it's still the same. It is the closest thing to family that I have ever seen.

They support each other; they make fun of each other; they counsel each other; and they love each other. And when it comes down to it, they would do anything for each other.

I hope you have friends or a friend like that. Someone who takes you as you are, and loves you as you are. Whoever it is, may you be thankful for them today. Not all friendship runs that deep. I hope you have been blessed with a friendship that does.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs