The First Step is Always the Hardest

Saturday, August 13, 2011

It's been a long time since I've opened this computer to write. It's funny how the devil can stop you from doing the things you know you're called to do. And as I sit here feeling completely uncomfortable, I wonder how I'll ever get through this post.

I have actually been intentionally avoiding my blog site on purpose for quite some time. I am not one to spend my time "kind of doing things." I either do them or I don't. I'm either all in or I fold, so after my "Post a Day in March, April, and May," I have slowly drifted from writing.

For the past few weeks, my heart has been screaming at me. It's almost like it's yelling at me, "You have so much more!" I know we all feel like that sometimes....like there is something more inside us that just wants out. I'm guessing my "more" will come in the form of many many words written here over many many months (probably twelve months to be exact, but more on that in a sec!)

For weeks I've been buying notepads and pens (yes, I have a problem) and letting them stare back at me with their empty pages. I love new notebooks and the unexpected surprises they hold. You never know what will fill those blank pages until you live it.


But I know I'm supposed to write for more than just myself. That would honestly be easy and stress reducing. The reason I've been hiding from my computer for so long is that I know I'm being called to another challenge, and the only reason I'm giving in is because I know I won't be happy until I do.

So here it is.....For the next 365 days, I'm going to write.

Even typing it freaks me out. Talk about a commitment. I keep thinking of all the places I'm going in the next year: California, possibly Honduras, the Riviera Maya, the Dominican Republic, Cancun, Las Vegas and who knows where else. Is writing everyday even possible?

I think about all the unforeseen events that will creep into our lives that I'll write in the midst of. Only God knows what will happen over the next year. I guess whatever it is, He wants it to be shared.

It would be easier to ignore this calling. To step aside and keep being comfortable, but I know that we are not called to be comfortable.

I can't help but ask myself, "What on earth will you say?" and "Who even cares to listen?" All legitimate questions that I don't have an inkling of an answer for. All I know is my heart wants to write. My prayers will be that what comes out daily is something that someone needs to hear. I won't claim to have all the answers or know the secrets of life. But I will continue to share with you my peace....the intentional peace that only comes from living in the will of God.



I would love for you to join me. Come on this crazy journey with me. I promise right now not to write a novel everyday, and I'm sure it will be one crazy ride.

I'm taking the first step today... only 364 more days to go. Here's to living twice!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how happy this makes me. I have so missed your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs