A Cookie Dough on a Spoon Kind of Day

Thursday, September 29, 2011



My days often too quickly turn into those crazy, go to practice, what's for dinner, cranky kids, lose my patience too easily kind of days. Everything can be going smoothly and then all of a sudden, I feel like my head might explode.

Am I the only one who has these kinds of days? I mean overall, my day was incredible! But the last 20 minutes have pushed me to near insanity. Sometimes it happens so fast. In the past, I would be confessing all this to you over a glass of wine that I poured at 4:55 p.m. because I would beg to argue that that is close enough to 5:00.

But since my days of relying on a bottle of wine are over, I'm eating cookie dough off a spoon. Oh, and I drank Juicy Juice straight from the bottle in the fridge. (This is very out of character for me, by the way. I always use a glass.)



But in all reality, I know that we all have these moments, and even days of weakness when we feel like we're at our max. Sometimes I raise my voice too loud at my kids. Sometimes I lose my patience. Sometimes I just want them to go away. I get tired of the whining, the fighting, and the constant questions at times
It's in these moments that I know I need more of God's word written on my heart. My journey through the Gospels and the New Testament over the past few months has definitely changed me, and it continues to do so. I pray His word continues to change me until the day I die, and I know that if I pursue Him, it will.

And even though I feel good about how much time I'm spending in God's word, I know without a doubt that I don't know enough of it. It's not written inside me like I want it to be.

It's moments like today when I want to pour that glass of wine, that I know I need His word to battle the elements with. I need it to come to my tongue without hesitation. I need it to seep into every bit of my soul to guide me through my moments of impatience.

Let's do this.....What if we (that means all of us together....if you want to of course) commit to learn a scripture a week?

I know I need it, and I know I need the accountability of my peers to make sure that it actually happens.

I think it's a good plan.

So here is my scripture for the week. I feel like it's a good one to start with.

"Thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place."
~2 Corinthians 2:14, NASB 
So are you in? Post the scripture that you want to memorize this week below as a comment if you want to join the challenge. Go on...It'll be good for you. I can't wait to see what you'll pick out to hide inside your heart.


And on another note, I have a great surprise tomorrow! It's a discount on something that I know many of you love already! I can't wait to share with you! 

.....day 48 of a year of writing.....





4 comments:

  1. I'm in! :)
    This verse is because I need to be reminded of this daily.
    Jeremiah 29:11
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

    I think I will make like a flash card and put it on my bathroom mirror to remind me each morning and night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana,
    That's a great idea! I think I'm going to make a 2nd flas card for my car and maybe one for the kitchen too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
    Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

    I'm ALL for posting these all over! If I'm expecting my kiddos to memorize scripture I better practice too ;)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kiddos do have to learn a scripture each week at school. I have been learning them with them without even trying because I quiz them so much. It has been fun.
    This week's was Matthew 6:33 But seek first His kingdom and all its righteousness.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs