Pinterest

Friday, September 9, 2011


Read with caution!

Okay I am giving you this on the weekend with the small chance that you have not yet discovered Pinterest, because if you haven't started pinning up inspiration on your virtual boards, you'll need the weekend to start.

I officially have a problem. It's only been 24 hours, and my kitchen is a mess, my house is a mess, and I did very little "work" today. All because of Pinterest! I don't know how much more warning you need....but I'm just warning you.

So here's the low down: Pinterest is basically a virtual bulletin board. You create an account (after being invited by someone), and you start with a set number of various boards like: For the Home, Inspiration, Food, etc. Then you can add boards as you see fit.

Then you just start pinning. You browse through pictures until you find one you love and onto your board it goes.

Now here are the foreseeable problems.....

1. It's addictive! I am seriously going to need a timer.
2. Half of the super cute things I see on there, I will never have time to make or money to buy.
3. There is a very realistic chance that many people on Pinterest only pin and never do. I am advising that if you check it out, you promise yourself that you'll try something from it and not just stare at the good ideas all day long on the computer.

And here is why I LOVE it....

1. It is a visual dream! If you are a "visual person" this is definitely the site for you. It's got amazing pictures and ideas of everything!
2. There are ideas for everything: organization, design, food, fashion, kids activities, you name it, there are pictures for it.
3. It is simple inspiration.
I am a huge dreamer. Not that I am not pleased with what I have and where I am. That's not it. I just know that there is always more to learn and more to try. And where I lack in creativity, Pinterest fills in the blanks!

So here is what I've been doing for the past couple days....dreaming! And filling up boards. But I decided that if I'm going to pin it, I need to do some of it, too. Therefore, I created a "Things I am actually going to do" board.

After all my big dreaming, I've picked out a few things that I am actually going to do. Of course, I'll update you on my success, but it should be fun. Here are the to dos for the next couple of weeks:

DIY Bathtub Chalk...my kids LOVE art in the bath and the bath markers and crayons you buy are expensive. I will let you know how this experiment goes. : ) 
Source: kiboomu.com via Allison on Pinterest



A Chalkboard Menu Planner.....I'm going with a different look, but the same basic principle.


A place for all the kids' artwork and creations. I'm going to combine a couple of different ideas.


And last on my list of ambitious things I am going to do....a magnetic makeup frame. This is too cute!


So those are the things I'm going to actually do. And here are just a few things that I love from some of my Pinterest boards. Whether or not I ever get around to these, we'll see...

Love this idea for Halloween parties or just little goodies for school parties:


Love this for all you OU fans....it actually doesn't look too hard.


Great idea for school papers, mail, and other important info that never can find a place to live.


Love this for Halloween! And it would not be too hard!


I guess I better stop. I could go on and on....hence the addiction. So I warned you! Go carefully and with a kitchen timer.

Pinterest=my new inspiration addiction.

.....day 28 of a year of writing.....


4 comments:

  1. OH GIRL!!! We share THE SAME Addiction when it comes to Pinterest. A few fellow consultants introduced me to Pinterest at Convention one night and I am have hooked ever since. It is amazing how quickly you an become addicted. We'll have to find each other on there, because I have found several really cool kiddo projects to do with my little man, that I KNOW you'll just love!

    Hollie R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so addicted to Pinterest. Ha! It's not even funny! SO so so much inspiration. So lovin' some of the pins you posted today! Now I'm off to go pin some more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must confess, I have never been on pintrest! Can you invite me? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing my wreath on your blog! It was fun to make and very easy! I'm so addicted to Pinterest too!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs