We Continue

Sunday, September 11, 2011


I was getting ready for school. I was taking a college course during my senior year of high school, which meant I was able to sleep in a few days a week.

This was one of those days. I was by myself in our house when I saw the image of the twin towers on the TV screen.

It wasn't believable at first.

Hard for my brain to comprehend.

How?

Why?

And then it happened again. Things became clearer.

America was being attacked.

And everyone of us changed.



We will always remember where we were. The somberness of the day.

The walls of our school felt as though they might cave in from the heaviness of the day. My senior English teacher stood as we watched the footage on the news and told us that our lives would never be the same.

And they weren't. We see the effects of that day today as we have everyday since. There is, of course, the obvious bad, but there has also been incredible good that has come from the day that we will all remember.

I know without a doubt, that day was meant to destroy us, but we instead decided to rise.

It is what we do as Americans. We rise. We fight. We believe always.

We're still far form perfect, but we have a unity that never before existed. We don't all agree, but we stand beside each other regardless, with the knowledge that our country stands on the foundation that we don't all have to agree.

We continue to be Americans. We continue to voice our opinions and fight for what we believe in knowing that we can and we will by the grace of God rise against all that comes against us.




.....day 30 of a year of writing.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs