A Yummy Crock Pot Find

Friday, September 16, 2011


I have a love affair with my crock pot. It gets filled full of deliciousness at least three times a week.

There is a pretty decent chance that I no longer know how to actually cook.

Anyway, I am always looking for new crock pot recipes. I have a love/hate relationship with trying new ones just because I never know if they're going to turn out or not.

But yesterday we made Provincial Chicken, and it was yummy!

Here's the scoop.


Into the crock pot goes:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 15-oz cans diced tomatoes
  • 2 zucchini, diced
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 2 T balsamic vinegar
  • 1 T dried, minced onion
  • 2 T dried parsley
  • 1 tsp dried basil 
Combine the above ingredients, cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Remove the chicken, cut into bite sized pieces and return to the crock pot.
Stir in the following ingredients:

  • 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 c. sour cream
Cover and cook for an additional 15 minutes.

Serve over cooked bowtie pasta.

Yummy! My kiddos loved it and so did we. Enjoy!


On a rather important side note: The recipe called for 10 cans of cream of chicken soup. I misread it and only added one. So really this is two new recipes for you to try. With 10 cans, I'm sure it turns out much different than with just one. It was really good with just one. Take your pick.

.....day 35 of a year of writing..... 

1 comment:

  1. This recipe sounds delicious!! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs