I am thrilled to have come across a fun post called The Tuesday Ten over at Under The Table and Dreaming. It's a fun concept: Share ten ideas, pictures, projects, etc.
I really want to start a Chore Chart for both of my kiddos, so I have been scouring Pinterest for creative ideas.
I figured a rewards based chart would increase their desire to brush their teeth and get dressed in the morning and go to bed on time, and on and on.
Here are ten ideas that I've come across:
1. This might be a great idea for Luke (my two year old). Simple and easy for toddlers to understand.
2. I love the pictures and bright colors on this one. This would probably work for both my two and four year old.
3. This one is much more elaborate but might be a good idea as Addison gets older. I like the idea of sticks in the naughty or nice container. It might be too much for right now though.
4. My kids are not old enough for this, but if you have older kids, it's brilliant! I love the Spend, Save, and Tithes envelopes. It's a great system to teach our kiddos early on in life. We could all be better money managers. This is a skill that we should teach our kids from the time they first earn money. Great idea!
5. This also might be a great option for our house to make the morning routine a little easier. Not exactly a chore chart, but great as a reminder of all the things that need to get done.
6. This is also another great idea for when my kiddos get older. It might work now if I put pictures on the sticks instead of words, but I feel like my kiddos will respond better to a chart on the wall.
7. This one is more of what I'm looking for with pictures.
8. This one would work great with pictures added. I know my kids would love physically moving the bead from one side to the other.
9. This is one of my favorites! I love the magnets, the pictures, and the simplicity of it. Might be a winner.
10. And I love this one! It has pictures and is easy to understand. It would be fun to add pictures of their beds and their toothbrushes, and their shoes, etc. What more could I ask for?!
Of course, I have no plans to make one yet. This is just me lustfully wanting a chore chart. I think I need to put it on my list of to dos for next week. I know my kids would love it.
So, I'd love to know...have you done anything similar? Have you ever tried a chore chart or a reward chart, and if so, how did it go? I'd love your feedback.
.....day 60 of a year of writing....
Don't forget about our giveaway this week! Check it out here on the Sunday 7.