Four Years Ago Today...

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I sat at the kitchen table wondering how we would ever get ourselves out of the mess we were in. Could this be the answer to our prayers?

I hoped. I believed it might be.

I was young (23) and naive. It was all to my advantage.

Brian was working late at the car lot (as usual).

I sat alone at the kitchen table and shot up a hail Mary to God. "If you're there, and you think this is what I should do, could you somehow let me know?"

And suddenly there was peace. It surrounded me. It filled me up.

I wouldn't feel peace like that again for a few years, but it was a moment that God used to prepare me for what He had in store for me.

I did it.

$99 later (plus tax and shipping) I had officially started a business.

I had no experience in direct sales. I had no clue where to start.

But being resourceful, I made my way through every document I could find and every inch of training.

I had no idea at all how much money you could make with a successful direct sales business. I was clueless.

If you had told me then where I would be in four years in all areas of my life: physically, emotionally, spiritually, financially, relationally; I never would have believed it. Not a chance.

But God had bigger plans for my family and for my life then I ever could have dreamed up for myself.

My original plans seem so small in comparison to where He has me now.

The next four years would change me. I would grow and be tested in ways I could only imagine. I would be thrown into a leadership position (partly on accident) and love every single minute of it.

Tonight I am grateful. In awe really, of the way God works. He used this little company to change me and my family and draw me closer to Him.

It all started with this room spray. It was the first experience I ever had with Scentsy, and I fell instantly in love.


Do I believe that anyone can do what we've done? Yes. Absolutely.

With time, commitment, and a stubborn determination, anything is possible.

Here's a video from a couple years ago at the Scentsy Dallas World Tour. Even then I had no idea how much better it would get. God would take me to the bottom and all the way back up again in the process.


Grateful tonight.
Allison

.....day 82 of a year of writing.....

3 comments:

  1. Allison, I first knew about you when I did a YouTube search for Scentsy a year ago, and I found this video. I watched it MANY times as inspiration. And I even use your phrase many times "Want to pay your gas bill? We can do that. Want to make your car payment? We can do that." You are an inspiration and I hope to meet you at Spring Sprint in OKC. I'm meeting up with some of my team from KS at the OKC Sprint to help support them! Thank you for all that you do!! :) Go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post just made me so excited. I love more than anything that God filled you with such peace in regards to starting your business. Only he saw the big picture of what was to come - and what has yet to be.

    And thank you so much for your encouraging words on my blog post. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison! You are amazing! Such an inspiration! I never would have found you or this blog if it weren't for a friend of mine, Chelsea. What a beautiful story! I LOVE it! I hope to be in your position one day with the business! I also hope to be able to meet you one day! If you're ever in Germany, I'd LOVE to pick your brain some. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs