A Day of Thanks

Thursday, November 24, 2011


Turkey, stuffing, pie, and no gravy.

Yep. You heard me right. No gravy.

I forgot to assign it to someone, so we had a gravyless Thanksgiving. It's not the first time I've screwed up, and it won't be the last.  Luckily, my family is pretty laid back. No one really cared, except maybe my husband, but I think he'll survive.

We did come up with a new rule: "If you want something at Thanksgiving, you make it and bring it." I think that's only fair.

I probably forgot to make gravy because I'm not a huge fan. I never use it. That explains it.

Even though Thanksgiving at our house is always quite the experience, I wouldn't have it any other way. There is always a disagreement; there is always a misunderstanding; there is always a lot of noise. And we just keep getting noisier. It seems like almost every year there is a new baby around. What a joyous blessing those sweet babies are!

I'm beyond thankful today for our normal, happy, crazy family. I wouldn't trade them for the world. Here's a little re-cap of the Dalke family Thanksgiving in pictures. Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.







































































.....day 104 of a year of writing....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs