Random Thoughts Tonight

Wednesday, November 23, 2011


Sometimes when I sit down to write, I have no clue about what I'm going to say. Other times, I sit down to write so that I can write. Those are usually the good ones. But since I'm writing every day this year, those instances are not every day occurrences.

Sometimes I get inspired by what I see other bloggers write when I log into blogger. Tonight's post was definitely inspired by my friend Megan over at Tales of the Trees. I love that she is one of the few people that I actually know who has a blog. All the other blogs I read are from people who I don't really know, but then I feel like I know them because I read their blogs.

Anyway, tonight is going to happen to be whatever pops into my mind that is halfway interesting over the next ten minutes or so. Since it's Thanksgiving eve, Brian and I have plans to go to bed early tonight, so we're well rested for all our company tomorrow.

So here you have it - Tonight's Random Thoughts:

1. I've been reading a book called What Women Fear: Walking in Faith that Transforms by Angie Smith, and I love it! Angie's first book, I Will Carry You changed the way I looked at and believed in God. It made me mad and happy and angry and full of joy from the beginning to the end. I have never sobbed so hard reading a book. I highly recommend both books.

2. Confession: I have never cleaned my house until today. Honestly. We've lived here for over two years and I have never cleaned it from top to bottom like I did today. When we first moved in, my sister-in-law convinced me that we needed a house cleaner, and we've had one ever since. I know that makes me sound like a spoiled brat (and I feel like one in that regard), but it's some of the best money I spend. I actually LOVE to clean. Really LOVE is the right word. Before we had kids, I would spend all day on Saturdays cleaning our house. I loved it. And I still do. It's hard work that has instant gratification, and it just feels good.

3. I am possibly over excited about Christmas this year. My kids are the perfect ages for Christmas. They are going to be so much fun. They already love the decorations and we've been talking so much about the birth of Jesus at our house. I am on the hunt for great activities and/or stories to keep Christ at the center of Christmas for our family this year. Please share if you have any great ideas.

4. Sometimes change is good. My Monday night Bible study went through a weird funk over the past few months. Last Monday we met at my house and sort of laid it all on the table. I think we're all on the same page now, and it feels so much better. God's Word is at the center of our study again, and there is nothing better than that.

5. We are taking the kids to the Gaylord Texan this year to see all the decorations and hang out with the characters from DreamWorks' Shrek, Madagascar, and Kung Fu Panda. I absolutely love this hotel and I'm so excited to spend a few days there with my family in December. It's going to be a great getaway for our family.


6. I'm on Week 3 of Weight Watchers, and I LOVE it! Seriously. I only had about ten pounds to lose. I know I was not fat, but I was not in the best shape. I was eating whenever I wanted and as much as I wanted pretty much. Weight Watchers has made me feel so much better about myself and my nutrition. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to lose any amount of weight. It's great. I am only five pounds away from my pre-baby weight, and I have never been that close before.

7. Friends is my all-time favorite TV show. I never watched it when it was actually on TV. But, we now own all 10 seasons on DVD, and it is absolutely crazy that it's on Nick at Nite now. Brian and I ran across it when we were in Salt Lake City and it made me feel so old. Best show of all time. It really is.

8. And lastly, I am so incredibly grateful tonight for my Scentsy business. Sometime in the past couple of days (I think it was probably Monday) we hit 10,000 consultants in our group. It doesn't even sound real to me. It brings me to tears to think of how much I have been changed and challenged by this company. It is a journey that I never expected to be on, and I am so incredibly grateful that I am.

Happy Turkey Eve everyone!

.....day 103 of a year of writing.....

1 comment:

  1. I'm behind on posts and just saw this one. So fun! Random posts are some of my favorite posts (to read and write).

    My comments: :-)
    1. I want to read Angie's new book soo badly. Add it to my long list of To-Reads

    2. I would give anything for a house cleaner. I don't think it makes you sound like a spoiled brat, I think it makes you sound like a genius!

    6. Weight Watchers taught me so much discipline! I love it!

    8. Wow that is so awesome! I am glad to be apart of your team (somewhere waaaay down there). You are a great leader! Thank you for all that YOU do!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs