Sleeping with Two Men

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

That sounds bad, doesn't it?!

It is. I swear.

Most nights I have the pleasure of sleeping with two men (both my husband and my handsome two year old).

Ideal sleeping conditions? Not exactly.

See, we've never been the best about getting our kids to sleep through the night. We're actually really bad at that as parents.

Luke never slept in our bed until he started climbing out of his crib to join us in our bed in the middle of the night. Let me assure you, that although handsome, he was not invited to our bedroom.

Our first mistake was letting him stay snuggled between us at 2:00 a.m. because we were both too tired to return him all the way up the stairs.

Now that he's in a big boy bed, he finds his way down the stairs and into our room nightly, and every night we're too tired to take him back upstairs.

In all reality though, it probably needs to stop soon. Right now the bed in his room is just a mattress on the floor. His crib turns into a bed, but we had to order the rails (and wait six weeks) to go from baby bed to big boy bed.

Tomorrow we're picking up the rails, and he'll officially have a big boy bed. I think that should be the day that we finally lay down the law and kick him out of our bed. It'll be worth it in the long run even though I'm sure there will be a few tears shed in the process.

Any suggestions? What did you do if your kiddos ended up in your bed? We'll take any help that we can get.

.....day 102 of a year of writing.....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Try sleeping with 3 men! :) I have a 2 year old, a 4 year old and of course my husband. I am looking forward to hearing others give advice because once you start it, it is so very hard to stop..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! They're kind of snuggly and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. our youngest... almost 7... still sleeps with us nightly. she creeps down the stairs in the middle of each night in the very dark but ALWAYS finds her way to our room. snuggles up right between us and there she until morning. we are actually bribing (yep, great parenting!) her with an old fashioned alarm clock. but first she has to sleep in her OWN bed for 14 days straight. needless to say, we keep having to start over on the count ;)

    the way i see it, they will not always want to sleep with us, and they grow up way too fast, so i secretly enjoy it. makes my heart melt that someone loves us so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally disagree~~ I believe the bedroom is for you and your hubby;) I must say I have a 10, almost 6 and 4 yr olds. They ALL would come to our bed around 2am it all stopped when we moved to a bigger home. Now they sleep in their rooms. They all end up in the same room though HA!! They each have their rooms they just take turns it's actually fun. Anything to keep them out!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs