I've Been Kidnapped!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Well, I was kidnapped today!

I awoke on my 28th birthday to a note telling me to be ready in twenty minutes for the day!

Who does that?!

My sweet husband. That's who.

I didn't take it well. I cried.

And they weren't happy tears. Apparently I don't enjoy surprises (for the record).

I was whisked away to a hair appointment (where I became a brunette again...which was my choice). And then a full day at the spa (where I cried again).

After my day of relaxation, I came home to a brand new full bedroom set (one that we had picked out two years ago).

My husband is amazing. That's all I have to say. Even after I got upset about being away from home on my birthday (and crying), he still loved and spoiled me.

(There will be more thoughts on me being a brat about the spa later....God had a few things to teach me about letting go of control.)

All I can say is that I was and am completely undeserving of the day I was blessed with (much like we are undeserving of God's grace). But oh, how grateful I am!

Sometimes we just have to trust in the grand plan that someone else has made for us.

I can't wait for you to hear the whole story.

We're off to shop at Target for some families who need to be spoiled, and I can't spare another minute.

.....day 131 of a year of writing.....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Allison!! I hope the celebration continues all year!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs