I Think it's Time...to Simplify

Tuesday, January 3, 2012


It is very hesitantly that I make my trek out of the woods and back to the world that we call life.

I have done my best to disconnect myself for the past couple of weeks, and it has been so very very good.

Tomorrow the kiddos head back to school, and I head back to life.

Part of me is itching to create, to inspire, to plan. It's what I do, and it turns out, I miss it.

I have enjoyed every lazy moment of the past couple weeks, so much so that I do wish the lazy moments could go on a little longer.

I know I posted a few days ago about things I am dreaming of doing in 2012. And believe me, I am still dreaming. But, I got this great idea to have the year centered around a single word. Like a mantra that I can repeat over and over again to remind myself what I'm doing and why.

I would like to say I threw a lot of words up in the air and had a hard time deciding, but I did not.

There was only one word that came to mind.

Simplify



I have a tendency to make things more than they are, to overthink things, maybe even to try too hard. So this year, I am going to simplify.



Simplify my home, my family, my activities, my business, all of it!

These two weeks have reminded me that life really can be simple and beautiful and full, if you just step back every once in a while.

I'm going to put that word in big bold print in my car, at my desk, on my mirror. I need to be constantly reminded that life really is simple if we allow it to be.

What about you? If you had to pick one word to center your life around for the next year, what would it be?



.....day 144 of a year of writing.....


2 comments:

  1. ooo i like that one! This year mine would either be discipline or focus. Must work on ALL 3! :)
    XO
    See you on the beach sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done this for the past few years now and it's such an amazing concept. I find that I can really, truly focus on that one thing throughout the year and really implement it into my life. This year my word is "resolve". I'll be posting more about what it means to me tomorrow but this is just one concept that I love! Here's to simplifiying in 2012!! I'm sure you'll do great at it!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs