Pictures, Pictures Everywhere!

Sunday, January 1, 2012


It's officially the New Year, and I can hardly believe it's gone as fast as it has. Typical, I know. Everyone says that.



But it's true....time really does fly.

Today I started working on a post reviewing 2011, but I'm not done yet. I'm glad I'm doing it though. It's been fun to look back and make a little yearbook of our family during 2011. It should be done soon, and I can't wait to share.

In the process of going through the past twelve months, I have been overloaded with pictures on my computer.

If you're crazy like me, you may very likely have a computer full of photos.

There are two problems with that:

  1. What happens if your computer crashes or gets stolen? (We had one stolen once with all of Addison's baby pictures on it.)  Luckily, I was a crazy first time mom who created photo book after photo book of her first year of life, and now I know why! 
  2. Your hard drive is probably being filled up by years and years of pictures. Mine definitely is! 
I have been debating buying a new computer, but after concluding that my computer works as well as it did the day I bought it, I thought it would be best to clear up some hard drive space (since I have none left). 

One of the best ways to clear up hard drive space and ensure that your photos are safe is by storing them online. 

Up to this point, I had an account with Shutterfly where I would upload pictures I wanted to print or make into books, but I wanted somewhere where I could host both photos and videos in high resolution. 

After researching different sites, I landed on Photobucket.com. I upgraded my account to a pro account which includes: 
Unlimited* bandwidth to your Photobucket files
High Resolution image uploads
SWF file uploads
FTP access to your account
More Stats
Only $24.95/year, 20% discount for a two-year subscription
Premium Customer Support - Email pro@photobucket.com for customer and technical support.
No more ads on your account.
I spent the majority of today uploading and organizing two years' worth of pictures. It is quite a bit of work, but worth every single minute.

My plan for the year is to upload my pictures to Photobucket every month or so to free up space on my hard drive and ensure that my photos are stored safely somewhere.

Where do you store your pictures? I'm curious. I know there are tons of options for online storage out there. I'm wondering how you store and organize your pics.

Wishing you a Happy New Year!

.....day 141 of a year of writing.....



2 comments:

  1. My sis-n-law and I were just talking about this very thing the other day. All my pix are stored on my computer and since it is dying a slow miserable death, I definitaly need to do something about the photo storage. I dread doing all of the uploading and organizing work but it's something that really needs to be done. Thanks for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a time capsule!! Assuming you use Apple products.....it is a life saver!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs