So far this week of time tracking has been challenging. Nothing but challenging. It hasn't been hard, but it has pushed me and made me question the things I do and the way I spend my time.
What about you? Are you still on board?
Let's talk for a moment about the purpose of this week long time tracking event. It has not been to condemn you or me about the way we spend our time. It is more to keep ourselves accountable with how we spend our time.
I know that tracking your time has been annoying to say the least. Let's say annoying is about the nicest thing we could say about time tracking, but I would bet that it's been eye opening to say the least. I know it has been for me.
We still have two more days of time tracking, and I don't want you to go into the weekend thinking you have to have every minute planned out or that you need to spend every minute "doing something." You don't. But I am going to challenge you to do things that matter this weekend. Remember, that's how this all started in the first place....with the sentence:
What if we didn't "work" this weekend? What if you turned off your phone? What if you sat on the floor and played with your kids? What if you did things that mattered?
What if you stayed away from Facebook for two whole days? What if you lived in the here and now? What if you went to church? What if you played at the park? What if you went on an adventure? What if.......
And how is it going with the one thing you added to your daily schedule?
There have been two days when I didn't wake up early for my quiet time like I said I was going to, but I've made it a commitment to get in God's Word before I start working each day, and that 's a good thing.
And how are you coping with the one thing you took out of your daily schedule?
I'm amazed at the difference a day makes. Today it was much easier to stay off the Facebook newsfeed than it was the first day. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?!
You're doing a great job. I'm proud of you. I'm hoping you're seeing a difference already in the way you choose to spend your time. I know I am.
Here is what I have uncovered about the way I spend my time so far:
- I waste time reading the newsfeed on Facebook.......and I would rather be reading to or with my kids.
- I waste time thinking about what I should be doing.....and I would rather be thinking about writing a book.
- I waste time checking messages or emails knowing that I don't have time to answer them.....and I would rather be in God's Word when I have a few extra minutes here and there.
- I waste time hitting snooze in the morning.....and I would rather be up spending those extra minutes in my quiet time or working out in the precious moments before the kids wake up.
- I waste time trying to figure out who is going where and what I'm supposed to be doing for the day.......and I would rather be up and moving everyday because I planned it out the night before.
I'm sure there are more things I waste time on, but these are the most obvious for me.
What about you? What do you waste time doing.....and what would you rather be doing? Comment below and stay in the running for the cash.
And speaking of giveaways, don't forget about the Much Ado About You calendar pre-sale. You have until March 4th to take part in the pre-sale and help save my favorite handmade business!
.....day 203 of a year of writing.....