Out and Dreaming

Tuesday, March 6, 2012


Well, apparently where there is one mouse, there are always more. Eeek! So gross!

That was how my morning went. Mice. Throw up. An important DVD lost. Lots of people in my house. Plans that changed unexpectedly. A typical Tuesday morning, I guess you could say. The devil was honestly ticking me off.

The day was just not starting off the way I wanted it to. Ever have those days?

So, I decided this afternoon that I was out. Out the door. Out of my house where I am slightly terrified that a mouse could run at me unexpectedly (because for some reason, they are not in the habit of letting you know that they're about to scare you to death). And out into the light.


After picking up Addy from school, I put the babies in the double stroller, Addy on her scooter, and Luke by my side, and we were out. Out into fresh air and light and peace.

Out where things are simpler and the world is before you on a sidewalk.


Bare baby feet. A park in view. And suddenly the worries of the world drifted away. Intentional play has a tendency to do that. It refreshes you. It reminds you. It rejuvenates you.


It's March, and even if my days don't always start out the way I would like them to, I'm happy. Happy to be planning a birthday party for three. Happy to be doing things that often make me uncomfortable. Happy to be pushing myself.


In all honesty, we're dreaming. Dreaming of family. Dreaming of work. Dreaming of home. We're simply dreaming. And it's fun.

All this doing has definitely put Brian and me right by each other's sides. We're more of a team than we've ever been, and it's fun. It's fun to have a true partner. To know that someone is on your side always. So, we're dreaming.

When was the last time you got out? And when was the last time you did a little dreaming?

It's oh, so good for your soul!

.....day 207 of a year of writing.....

P.S. Be watching for our James winner to be announced later this week, as well as our Time Challenge winner, and the Much Ado About You planner winner. Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. It is such a happy place when you dream! I once read someone say: "If you can dream it, you can do it!"
    Hope you get rid of those mice quickly! I am right there with ya. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs