A Rainy Day

Monday, March 19, 2012


My house smells like a mix of fresh guava and honeyed nectarine, exotic dragonfruit and yuzu AND melt-in-your-mouth lemon custard layered with butter cake and sprinkled with toasted coconut. And more important than that, I can see the red buds blooming outside my window. Oh, how I love the Spring! 

I'm snuggled on the couch with Luke after a lazy day where we both stayed in our jammies. I did laundry and answered emails (just a few, let's not get crazy), finished my Bible study homework, and moved all of Addison's spring clothes into her closet, while Luke built a tower with all the cushions from all the couches in the house, played cars, and watched cartoons. There were also a few wrestling matches in there and a game of tag or too around the house, plus a trip to Braum's for french fries and ice cream and a couple gallons of milk (which will only last us three days max). 

We "nuggled" in Momma's bed for a while. He was supposed to nap. I was not planning on napping, but there is a small chance it was the other way around. 

And now as I hear the babies begging for dinner from their high chairs in the kitchen, I'm excited about an even lazier night snuggled on the couch with my hubby. Hopefully, we'll watch a movie and hit the sack early tonight. 

The rain just makes me unproductive. What can I say? But, as I get older (and hopefully wiser) I'm learning that I need these kind of days where there is no schedule, no to-do list, and no rhyme or reason to how things get done. For someone who lives from a planner and a to-do list, these rainy, lazy days rejuvenate me.  

We spent the weekend making over our back and front yard. We weeded and planted and spent the entire day outside. I think there were three Lowe's trips that took place in one day, but the end result has left me itching to sit on the back porch until the late hours of the night and return there early in the morning for a cup of coffee (decaf now).  So, in honor of our lazy, rainy day, here are a few pictures of all the work we did this weekend. Enjoy. 


Addy on a tractor at Lowe's

And another tractor....please note that she is holding her pink sequined poodle purse on that tractor. 



Before

After

Before
After
After
After

Before

After


 Wishing you a lazy evening hopefully snuggled up on the couch with someone you love.

.....day 220 of a year of writing.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs