My Saddened Soul

Wednesday, April 25, 2012


I have poured cup after cup of decaf coffee tonight hoping that it would warm my cold and saddened soul, but no such event has yet to occur.

It's always something with us, isn't it?

Tonight I can't give you any details. I can tell you it does not have to do with our foster babies. Things are still going great there. The Lord has simply calmed my soul when it comes to caring for those babies. And things are good.

But, in the midst of a very busy week for us (we're hosting an event for 500 Scentsy consultants this Saturday), I feel like the devil is attempting to take us down and make us question things we know to be true.

Of course, there are people involved. There always are. As a dear friend said to me tonight,"I hate our humanness." As do I, sister.

I feel like we need to stand up right now and continue to fight for something that we know is right even though it's become twisted and lots of people have become jaded over it.

More than anything, I'm extremely disappointed in someone I looked to as a leader, and I'm really really sad. Not mad. Just sad.

It's times like these, when I know decisions have to be made and confrontations possibly have to take place, that I know there is no better place to be than in God's Word. I want Him to speak to me so clearly so I don't doubt a single decision.

I don't want to be emotional or angry (none of that humanness). I want to be objective. I want to do the right thing regardless of what I feel. I want to know that God is behind it and in front of it all.

So, with all that being said, I'm leaving you to throw my nose into a book...the only book that can bring Life. It's a living word that speaks when it needs to speak, and I definitely need it to speak right about now.

What do you do when faced with a decision to make? Who do you go to? Where do you go? I'm just curious.

.....day 257 of a year of writing.....

4 comments:

  1. Allison, I love reading your blog. In times that things seem this hard, I look through pictures of family and friends. Sounds silly, but it inevitably brings me joy and a whole new perspective on my current issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I get to feeling this way I pause and PRAY....Give it to God. He brought you to it and he WILL see you through it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pray, pray, and pray some more. Though we may not know or understand what God is doing in our lives and around us, we may never understand, we can rest in the fact that Our God is in control. He can turn anything bad or unpleasant into good, and for his good. God is good all the time! Praying for you all. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. During times like these, I try my best to focus on the Lord. It might be tough to find the best way to handle the feelings caused by those we have so much respect for. Always keep your eyes on the Lord and pray and remember

    Isaiah 41:13 For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

    He is there for you and will never leave your side.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs