Peace

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Today was beautiful. Blue skies, green grass, trees, and a trail.

Photobucket


I grew up near the Wichita Mountains, and I count them as close to heaven.

Photobucket


Today we ventured deep into the heart of the mountains with Addison's classmates. No cell service. No to do list. No one to worry about but us.

Photobucket

It was a day of freedom.

Photobucket

It was hard work. We were out on a pretty tough trail for about two hours. But, it was a ball!
I was so proud of my girl. She learned a lot about climbing and hiking today. She was a trooper.

Photobucket

We encountered many kinds of creatures out on the trail. Mr. John is good at pointing out and explaining things. It's always a learning experience.

Photobucket

This trail was tough. A lot tougher than I thought it was going to be. And Addy hung tough. She was proud of herself and listened well.

Photobucket

And as we walked and talked, I cherished her. I miss her.

Photobucket

Sometimes with the babies here, I feel like I'm missing things. Opportunities, chances, experiences.

Photobucket

And today we got all those things at once.
Photobucket

We saw buffalo. Lots of them.
Photobucket

We saw land and lots of it.

Photobucket

We ran into Grammy (who took a half day off from work and spent half the day driving around looking for us.....remember...no cell service.)

Photobucket

And we did those things that I love to do, but don't ever get to.

Photobucket

We dreamed a little.

Photobucket

We loved a lot.


Photobucket

We were reminded of the big things of the world.

Photobucket

And we were reminded of the little things, too.

Photobucket

And, all in all, we were reminded of the good and beautiful things in life.

Photobucket

Thank you Lord for this day that You made. You know my soul needed it, and it was perfect, and it was beautiful, and it was peace.

.....day 251 of a year of writing..... 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs