287 Days In

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Lately, I've been thinking about where I've been over the past 286 days of writing. Sometimes it's hard to believe it's been this long.

There are things that I love about it, the first being that I can look back and see what my life has looked like over the past nine months and how God has so clearly moved in it. 

I love being able to look back and see how He was going before us and preparing the way for what He had planned for us. It makes me more confident about the future. I know He'll lead us always. I know He will walk before us always. I love that. 

I also love seeing how the Lord has so greatly changed me. He has a lot more work to do, but I can look back and see how I have more faith now then I did. I'm more obedient now than I used to be. I am more on fire for God's Word than I have ever been, and I can see all that clearly as I look back over the past 280+ days. 

I also love how this blog has chronicled the lives of my children and our family. If I don't write it down, I forget it. And now I have it all here and by the end of it, I'll have a year of our life chronicled here. I love that. 

I am beginning to look towards the future, too. 

I'm wondering what it will look like. 

I know that the Lord clearly asked me to do this for a year, and there are so many stories I have heard from many of you that have made it worth it. You usually seem to get the most out of the nights that I write out of exhaustion and frustration. You like the real, raw me, and you only get that because I agreed to do this everyday for a year. 

I've figured it out. Day 365 will land on Friday, August 10th. 

That's basically only three months away. Ironically, when I started blogging, I challenged myself to write for three months straight {a post a day in March, April, and May}. And that's how it all began. Then I thought that three months was forever, and now I feel like I'm nearing the end of the road with only three months left to write. 

I don't know if I'll still write everyday. Everyday? Can I do that for longer than a year? I guess you can do anything you feel called to do. 

I really don't know what it'll look like after August 10th. I guess I have a lot of praying to do over the next three months. Maybe I'll write 3-4 times a week. Who knows? 

I guess we'll see.

I was just thinking about that tonight. 

287 days in.....three months to go. 

.....day 287 of a year of writing.....

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love reading your blog every day! Don't stop! You bring me so much inspiration, and keep me challenged to always continue to seek God in all things. Love ya girly!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs