Just an Update

Wednesday, May 2, 2012


So, lots of you have been asking about our move to Piedmont and the new house. Unfortunately, we are no longer moving to that house.

We found out that the lot wasn't as big as we were originally told. We had plans to build on to part of the house. The plans were for an office and big playroom. Once we found out that the lot was only 1/2 an acre instead of 3/4 of an acre, we knew that wouldn't be a possibility.

It's odd because we felt like the Lord blessed that decision, and now we're looking elsewhere again. But, Brian and I both have a lot of peace about it.

We feel like we're in a transition period overall. Things are changing in every area of our life pretty much. Do you ever get that feeling that something big is coming? We feel like that right now. We both know that neither of us have sought the Lord like we have in the past month or so. We've both been on our knees just begging Him to lead.

And I believe He is leading.

With the new baby coming in November and Addison starting kindergarten in the fall, we really want to get settled wherever we're going to be, and we're exploring some options that we've never really considered before.

We are also in a transition period with our foster babies. Despite my desperate desires for their momma to step up to the plate, I'm beginning to wonder if she is the best thing for them. There are simply too many things coming up and too much instability. They can't be in DHS custody until mom gets it together. That's not the way it works.

So, we met with the babies' case worker today to discuss options, to talk about what's best for the babies. For now, they'll be here. They are happy. We are happy. And everyone is safe.

God is very much at work in our lives and our hearts.

On another note, my fantastic husband took me to the Apple store to buy me a new computer today because he said I deserve it. And mostly because he was tired of hearing me complain about not having an ounce of storage on my old computer.

Now I have a little bigger screen and a ton more memory. It's not too shabby if I do say so myself. I will say that I am a Mac person for life. I bought my old computer in 2008 and used it into the ground. The amazing thing is that it still works like a brand new computer (or at least it will once I wipe all the junk off it.) We're going to keep it and use it for the kids.

I've also decided I'm going to go to those Apple classes. (I know that's not what they're called.) I know that there are so many things that I still don't know about Macs in general. I really want them to show me how to keep everything more organized. It'll be fun.

I guess that's it. Everything around here is changing, so we're all adjusting to that. It's strange but good. We know that the Lord has great plans, and we're excited to see what they are and where they lead us.

.....day 264 of a year of writing.....



1 comment:

  1. I feel you completely. I feel like our life is always in some state of transition and we find ourselves seeking and asking and asking Him to reveal his direction. It's so frustrating for me but I try and remember to sit back and enjoy the ride, it's all apart of our story. Excited to see what God has in store for y'all!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs