Oh, How I Love That Man

Thursday, May 31, 2012

This is a quick post to check in.

I'm pretty sure Addison is still lying awake waiting for me to come snuggle her.

We're at my mom's tonight. Well Addy, Luke, and I are.

This morning, Brian woke up before I did (letting me sleep in), fed and dressed the kids, and determined that the foster babies needed to go to the doctor.

He came into our room to tell me that he was taking the babies to the clinic and that Addy and Luke were playing happily. {At this point we have completely forgone the babies' pediatrician simply because he can never get us in and he's in Yukon.}

So, off he goes with the babies, and up I get to start the day.

He calls a little while later to inform me that both babies have strep, and that they'll be contagious for the next 24 hours.

And then my wonderful husband came up with the generous idea of me packing up our kids and me and heading to my mom's house until tomorrow. He would stay home and get the babies' prescriptions filled and take care of them all day and night.

What a wonderful, wonderful man I married.

He didn't have to do that. We could have easily all stuck out the sickness together and prayed that it didn't spread to everyone else. But he was worried about my weaker than normal immune system (and our kids, too, of course), so he sent us away.

He is so incredibly selfless. I often don't know if I would be able to sacrifice the things that he does for our family. And that is what makes him one incredible, husband, daddy, and friend.

Oh, how I love that man.

Thank you baby for doing your best to protect us. You are so very sweet.

.....day 293 of a year of writing.....

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs