Timing

Monday, August 6, 2012

I'm learning that the Lord's timing is always perfect. Always.

When we try to get our hands involved and do things our way, that is usually when things don't turn out the way we think they should. But when we surrender and allow the Lord to work things out in His timing, things seem to fall into place.

This has happened in our lives so many times in the past, and I feel like the Lord is telling us again to simply let Him work things out in His time. So I am. I'm in 100% surrender mode.

Whatever you want us to do. Wherever you want us to go. Whoever you want me to be. However you want us to serve You.....that's exactly what we'll do.

I am in a place of utter joy. Peace. I am not discontent (and believe me, I have been there in the past). I'm simply enjoying being who we are.

But, there is part of me that knows the Lord is ready to make us uncomfortable. We're riding in this beautiful peace of comfort and stability with the sense that there is stretching to be done just around the corner.

I don't know if I'm explaining it right or not. I'm so tired (blame it on growing a person if you want to) that I sometimes can't say the things I want to in the right way. Plus, trying to keep up with an Olympic schedule of TV watching that keeps me up far too late at night, is wearing on me.

I guess I just want to say that I'm sitting in this place of peace being fully content with the notion that change is coming.

His timing is always perfect. I am definitely becoming more and more aware of that.

For a little more on timing, put in such beautifully grateful words, check out my friend Rachel's blog. Click here to read the story of God's timing even in the event of a fire. Her home burned to the ground just two days before she wrote this post, and I'm inspired by her total trust in the Lord's timing.

May you be blessed by and in His timing tonight.

.....day 360 of a year of writing.....

To donate to the Cobb family, click here.  


1 comment:

  1. I just saw you referenced me in this post. THanks for being so great Allison! It's amazing to go back and think about his Timing, even now! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs