The Return of the Sunday 7

Monday, March 25, 2013

I'm a planner. It's not a secret anymore.

To that a lot of people say, "you're so busy!"

It's not that I'm busy, it's that I'm intentional, and there are times that I absolutely keep sacred to my family. I do not text or call or chat at all hours of the night. I am not a slave to my phone.

I want my kids to remember what my face looks like, not the top of my head bent over a phone all day long.

I believe in service and serving but not when it sacrifices time with my family.

I try to be intentional with my time always.

Since adding baby #3 to the mix, it's been rough going getting back into the swing of being intentional with my time.

But it is time to get it together people!

I have this theory that really successful people are not any better than anyone else, they just work harder at managing their time. So I figure if I want to be successful, I should keep working at being better with my time.

Hence the return of the Sunday 7! {On Monday!}

Let's be intentional this week. Won't you join me?

Here's how it works:

  1. You come up with the 7 most important ares of your life. It can be more than 7 if it needs to be. I have a dear friend who has started what she calls The Faithful Eight. You make it work for you. My areas are the things that I value. You'll have to determine what you value the most. 
  2. Once you have your core values listed, you start listing out the most important things that need to happen in the coming week in each of the areas of your life that you value. 
  3. Lastly, you determine when each of those things will happen each week. Put a date and a time to it. 
And off you go! After that, you're on your way to a more balanced and peace filled life. 

So what does your Sunday 7 look like? As always, feel free to post yours below to keep you accountable. 

Here's what mine looks like this week (I added an extra category this week):


This time I went through and put a check mark by things as I got them added to my planner. 



And there you have it. A peek into the inside crazy of my mind. : ) 

Wishing you an intentional week. Happy planning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs