Baby Lag...because it's a real thing

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm inventing a term....it's called "baby lag."

It's going to be a real thing, people. I'm telling you now. Start using it with your friends because it's real!

I recently had a baby, and by recently, I mean less than a year ago.

That's recently if you ask me.

and I still have baby lag.

I feel like I'm slowing emerging from the fog of baby lag, but it's a very slow and arduous process.

I am in complete awe of you super moms who have a baby and then return to normal life and work as if nothing odd at all has happened in a mere 6 weeks.

Seriously?

I'm still complaining about my back pain and the inability I have to breathe when I go up the stairs, and I have not been "with child" in 6 months!

(oh, I'm sorry....did you say that's just being out of shape? Oh, okay, then that's what I am too.)

I am suffering from baby lag AND out of shapeness. There. Are you happy?

Great.

Me too.

So back to that baby lag thing...in case you have not yet caught on, I'm doing a play on words...instead of "jet lag" it's "baby lag."

So now we're all on the same page.

I tell you all this to tell you that I'm sorry that I apparently forgot how to open my computer in the past 6 months. If you have emailed me, tweeted me, facebooked me or tried to link me in (I'm still confused about that one too),  I have probably not responded to you.

This post is not a reassurance that I will respond to you, just a clarification that I am not unsupportive or unresponsive or uncaring, I am simply suffering from baby lag, and I cannot guarantee a time frame in which my life will return to standard operating procedure.

But in the meantime, I have decided (in my midnight, "I'm still nursing, therefore pumping while I should be sleeping state") that I am supposed to and will be writing from this point on until you can't stand my craziness any longer.

Just thought you should know that I have a legitimate excuse and it's called, "I recently made a baby, and I'm still not over it."

Hoping you still love me and didn't forget who I was.

1 comment:

  1. I have had baby lag for a good 15 years now! Ugh, I don't like it but wouldn't trade it for the world! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs