Blah Blah Baby Weight

Sunday, June 2, 2013

I keep complaining about how I still have baby weight.

Yes, he is 7 months old. Yes, I'm still claiming that I just had a baby. No, I'm not going to get over it. It's kind of a big deal.

I have done well for short periods of time when it comes to working out post baby. I did really well right before we left for New York.

And then we went to New York where all I did was eat. And since we've been home (yes, it's been 2 weeks, and no, my suitcases are not unpacked yet....don't judge me.....I have things to do....like watch TV) I have not worked out once.

Until yesterday.

Thanks to my friend. Who forced me to go Barre3 with her.

And now, I hate her.

Not really. But almost.

I love barre3. I met the owner of the OKC metro area barre3s at my daughter's school auction a couple years ago. My sister and I started going to classes, and I fell in love.

But I have not been in over a year, and yesterday, even the old ladies in the class kicked my tail. It was sort of embarrassing.

I think my friend invited me because she knew I was the weakest of the group. (Invite the friend we just had a baby....she has no muscles....you'll be able to out perform her for sure!)

Yeah well it worked. I wussied out multiple times.

And even though I spent the class thinking about how my childbearing hips were bigger than anyone's in the room, I spent the rest of the day proud of myself for getting up and going to workout at 8:45 in the morning.

That is until the night of tornadoes broke out last night and I did my stress eating thing. Ya know, that thing you do when you keep going to the fridge to get more food when you're anxious. No? Is that just me?

Well at least when I got up from the couch, my legs hurt. And then I got more food. There go the calories I burnt in class!

But in all seriousness, I'm getting serious about losing my last 15 pounds. I am not the person who loses weight while nursing. What's up with that? I know I won't lose the last of it until I quit. And we're on the downward slide....only nursing in the morning and at night. I'll probably be done soon.

But I'm over my clothes not fitting. I'm over the mom chub.

So I'm going to keep you updated. I know so many of my friends have recently had babies too. And losing the baby weight is no easy feat! And I think it's super annoying when moms claim that it's easy....liar, liar, pants on fire!

I don't do crazy juice fasts or "don't eat brownies diets." Maybe not eat brownies on a regular basis is a good idea. But I digress. I believe in moderation. I'm not a crazy fitness person. I know that I need weight training and cardio to lose weight, and I know I have to make better choices about the food I choose to eat.

It's all about moderation, goals, and just a tiny bit of will power.

That's my story....blah blah baby weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs