Coming out of the Fog

Monday, June 17, 2013

I definitely feel like I'm coming out of a fog.

Brian just returned home from a 4 day bachelor party in Portland, and while I only had Wyatt here at home for the majority of the time, I feel incredibly behind and out of the loop.

Tuesday, my mom came down to pick up the kiddos and take them to Lawton for a few days. They had a blast at Grammy's house and probably would have stayed longer, but after 5 days with a 6 and 4-year-old, my mom was definitely exhausted.

And believe it or not, I was exhausted after having only 1 kiddo at home. I'm claiming that 3 are easier than 1. But that 's just me.

So this morning I woke up with a huge list of all the things I didn't take care of last week, and all the things that need to be taken care of today. And there was a moment when I wanted to be overwhelmed, shut-down, and lie around watching Kathie Lee and Hoda all morning.

But I pressed thru.....and I still watched Kathie Lee and Hoda....after I took my kids to swim lessons and forgot towels for both of them. Can we say Epic Fail?

So I decided it was time to create a plan and get back to business. But before that, you have to see what I did for 2 solid days as our Father's Day surprise and why I am now so incredibly far behind.

So this is what our garage has looked like since we moved into our house in December.




Impressive right? Blame the movers. They basically moved anything that didn't fit somewhere specifically right into the garage.

And afte 2 days and the help of my mom and my sister {oh and my sister told me to mention that she and her hubby were huge contributors to the princess and pirate party....and they were! It was rude of me to not give them a little shout-out.}....this is what the garage now looks like.



Ta da! I think I'm still exhausted.

We went to pick Brian up from the airport last night, and the kids hung out of the sunroof of my car with signs that said "Happy Father's Day Daddy!" and "Welcome Home Daddy." And then Brian proceeded to guess every possible surprise we could have waiting for him at home including a dance number complete with Country and Western apparel. The kids thought that was hilarious.

He was shocked when we pulled up and his jeep was parked in the garage. Heck, I'm still shocked when I look it!


So that's where I've been lately. Busy bee. Now I'm off to plan the week (incredibly late for me, but planning none the same). I hope you had a joyous Father's Day.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs