Lessons from Gideon week 1

Thursday, June 20, 2013

I am currently working through Priscilla Shirer's new bible study titled Gideon Your Weakness. God's Strength. 

And I am loving it! I am doing it with a group of girls online via facebook and vokle, and it's been a lot of fun so far.

I have been so moved by the things I'm learning that I thought I would share.

So here are my Lessons from Gideon {Week 1}. They are all just short statements that I jotted down. They don't go together as a whole, but each individual statement is one I want to remember.

When God calls us into a risky place where we don't have the skills, ability or resources to do it on our own, it's because He's setting us up to see His hand and His work. He knows that if you see His work, you'll have a passion for Him that cannot be put out.

God's plan is always bigger than what we can see of it. 

With God's grace, you can always start fresh and build a new legacy for Christ.

We are an important part of God's redemption plan because we are a part of His Church. 

God has deliberately positioned each of us to be His representative, beckoning our ailing culture to Him one person at a time. 

The Lord still desires to extend mercy and redeem His people.

We have been commissioned to rise up in our own way to serve His purposes in our generation. He has a unique calling for each of us.

God will empower us to complete His work, multiplying our simple efforts to achieve maximum results.


We cannot function with any sort of effectiveness apart from the Spirit of the Lord.

Victory requires constant effort to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. 
{2 Cor. 10:5}

We can lead in spite of ourselves with help from the Holy Spirit.

I have the ability to intentionally and strategically change the future of my family and what they believe to be true about God.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs