Blue Corn Tortilla Chip & Lime Crusted Tilapia

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I have been meaning to share more food recipes with you guys for a long time. We cook in this house. Nearly every night. And since Brian has been home, he has become the resident cook.

Tonight while I was at Horseback lessons with Addy, Brian whipped up a new Tilapia recipe that everyone fell in love with. Blue Corn Tortilla Chip & Lime Crusted Tilapia.



Plus it's simple and healthy.....it's a great summer meal. Thanks to my sweet hubby for typing up the quick and easy directions for this yummy dinner.


Blue Corn Tortilla Chip and Lime Crusted Tilapia
1 cup crushed Blue corn tortilla chips (I used a food processor)
4 Tilapia fillets
Juice from 1/2 lime
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt to taste

Set oven to 375
-Combine- crushed chips, salt, garlic powder, and lime juice and mix well
-Rub Olive oil on both sides of fish
-Firmly press chip mixture onto one side of fish
-Place fish (chip side up) on metel baking sheet
-Bake for 15 minutes

Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before removing it from pan (this allows the fish to not fall apart as easily).
*Salt to taste

-Enjoy!


I hope you like it! Even if you're not a huge fish fan, tilapia is a very non-fishy tasting fish. Plus it's super flaky and most people like Tilapia when it's cooked properly.

And below is my food and activity log for the day. A lot of you have reached out to me saying that you totally understand what I mean when it comes to losing the baby weight. So I thought it might be a good idea for this to be a place for us to hold each other accountable. If you want to, feel free to post your activity or food choices for the day as well, and we can encourage each other and hold each other accountable. Of course, only post what you're comfortable posting, but if you need the extra push, this just might do it.

Think about it......

2 cups of coffee (with sugar in the raw and creamer)
a stick of string cheese

{Yes, I'm beginning to realize that I need to work on the breakfast routine.}









Leftover chicken breast (from dinner last night)
with barbecue sauce
grapes
yogurt
handful of tortilla chips





almonds
a coconut popsicle (dipped in dark chocolate)
banana with 1 TB peanut butter
apple







baked tortilla crusted tilapia filet {recipe above}
risotto
green beans









Tonight I got my butt on the treadmill and did week 6 day 1 of Couch to 5k (which is how I first started running). Considering I have not been running in a while, I was pleased. It was a 5 minute warm up, 8 minute run, 3 minute walk, 8 minute run, and a 5 minute cool down. I ran a little over a mile and a 1/2, so I'm okay with that.




1 comment:

  1. We'll be over for dinner every night as long as we live in the house with the dirty counters. What time? ;-)

    I really do miss cooking.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs