My Heart is Full and Oh, so Proud

Wednesday, July 10, 2013


Almost 6 years ago, I started my Scentsy journey. 

One of my very first recruits was my sister-in-law, Jacquelyn Roy. At the time, we were just sister-in-laws. She had lived with us for a while while she was in college, but for whatever reason, we never really became close friends. 

I may even have made her hate me at one point when she rang the doorbell when I had just put a baby to sleep. I was sort of not nice to her. 

But I digress. 

When she started selling Scentsy, I was excited to have someone else to do it with. And then, she didn't do much. She was selling at work and doing okay, but she didn't care too much about coming to meetings or recruiting. 

Then all of a sudden, something changed, and she became this recruiting superstar, and she just couldn't stop talking about Scentsy. 

I watched her team grow and soar. 

And over the past 5 years, I have watched her change. She has become an incredible leader. I do not know anyone more encouraging or inspiring than Jacquelyn is. 

She is the person who I turn to when I get discouraged or unmotivated  She is the one I turn to when I need a pep talk or a reminder of why I do what I do. She is joyful, encouraging, and I am proud to call her my sister and my friend. 

Jacquelyn, I don't know if I would love Scentsy as much as I do if it weren't for you. You have kept me motivated and inspired, and when I look at your life and my sweet nephew, Jaxson, and everything that Scentsy has blessed you with, I remember so clearly that this business changes lives. It has changed mine, yours, and countless others. 

We have been changed because of Scentsy. 

I don't know what our lives would look like without it. Would we be as good of friends as we are? Would we just be sister-in-laws? Would we still share the way we do? 

I really don't know. But I do know that I am incredibly grateful for the change that has taken place in both of us because of this great company. 

My heart is so full. 

I remember when I used to want so desperately to be nominated for Shining Star. It is Scentsy's greatest honor. Of course you would want to be nominated. I think we all secretly want our name on that list somewhere. 

And then I was nominated, and it was wonderful. An incredible honor. 

Then I watched you get nominated last year, and I experienced a whole new side of joy. I think I was happier when you were nominated than when I was. I was just so proud and excited. I felt like a momma bird watching her baby bird fly for the 1st time. 

But tonight was a different story. It's been another year of us working together and leading together and loving together. And it's been a hard year for our family, and there have been challenges within our teams, but in the end, it's been a great year. 

You have kept me up. You have kept me going. You have been my constant reminder of why I want to do this, and why I want to help other women do this. 

You are a light that shines so bright, and your light shone so bright tonight when you were nominated for the 2nd time for Scentsy's shining star award. 

And then having Kelly Clarkson announce it?! I mean, it doesn't get better than that. 

I love you so much. I am honored to call you my sister and my friend. In my heart, you've already won. 

Thank you for being a light to me and to so many. 














1 comment:

  1. Awe Allison, that made me cry! What precious words to your sister-n-law. You to are an inspiration to me. I love you ladies so much, and am so blessed to get to spend time with you two learning from you and growing with you with Scentsy and as sisters in Christ. I am honored to call you friends. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs