Summer Surprise Bags {for when Mom and Dad are out of town}

Monday, July 8, 2013

Here we are again. Once again prepping to head out of town.

Every single time we get ready to leave our babies, there is a part of me that doesn't want to go at least once. Usually much more than once.

It is so hard to leave the most important people in the world behind.

But I know from experience, that it's a very good thing. Brian and I will have some much needed alone time....we're driving 10+ hours to Indy and I'm actually excited about it!

I've spent the day trying to get ready to get ready to go...it's a serious process, people.

I've got to map out the kids' week for my sister, and prep everything that needs to be done for all my team members attending this year's convention (aka family reunion).


And my babies will have fun with their aunt Knee-Knee (aka my sister, Whitney), and their Uncle Kris (or Kiss, as Luke calls him).

But anytime we leave, it means lots and lots and lots of preparation. And I think I mentioned that my assistant is on maternity leave, so that pretty much makes me absolutely crazy.

I'ml doing my best to be super organized and not last minute....we'll see how that goes. Inevitably I'm always running around like a chicken with my head cut off before we go.....I'm trying not to do that this time.

For this trip, I made up some fun Summer Surprise bags for my kiddos. They are bags filled with fun activities for those "I miss mommy and daddy moments" or just when my sister needs some peace and quiet. The activity bags will at least keep my 6 and 4 year old occupied for a while.

I've got a bag filled with new paints and paint brushes and painting sheets and a new board game.



There is one filled with water play toys like squishy water balls, water guns, etc.



There is a bag filled with magnetic wands, magnets of varying sizes, and a giant magnetic horseshoe.



There is another bag with Magic Nuudles and Skrinky Dinks....oh the fun!



I've got a bag with a new board game and a bag full of building toys for Luke and pretty paper chains for Addison to put together and horse stamps (that she will absolutely LOVE).



I think they'll have a lot of fun with it, and it should help the days that mommy and daddy are gone go by smoother. All the summer surprise bags are lined up (and labeled) in my closet, so my sister can pull one down as needed.


So that's my plan to help my kids feel super special while we're away, and have a lot of fun at the same time.

What do you do when you go out of town? How do your kiddos react when you're gone?

1 comment:

  1. That's an awesome idea! Maddie asked me if she got a Summer surprise bag like you got her kids. I didn't know what she was talking about. Lol now I do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs