This book I'm reading...

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Some of you are waiting for part 4 of our story about timing. 

It's not happening tonight. I'm too tired. It's been a good, but long day. We're 8 days into writing about Jesus for 31 days, and when I flat out say a post is about Jesus, not as many people read it as normal. Interesting. 

I find that really interesting. 

I sort of have this thing for Jesus. I'm crazy about Him and what He did on the cross for me.....for all of us. 

I'm reading this awesome book called Jesus Is by Judah Smith. 


So far, this is my favorite part, and I couldn't agree with it more.....

"I am a Bible person. I don't believe my brain has been functioning long enough to figure out the meaning of life, but the Bible is an amazing, divine, supernatural book that shows us the plan of God. It gives us proper perspective in life. I believe that God used humans to write it, but he guided what they wrote, and everything in it is accurate. 
It doesn't bother me if you don't believe that, so I hope it doesn't bother you that I do believe it."

I have often struggled with religion. I don't like the rules and the differences amongst them. I don't like it when we think we know more than someone else because of our "religion."

Here's what I know. Christianity isn't about rules and guidelines. It's about Christ. It's about a single man.

I know that I have friends that don't believe the same things that I do, and I have many times found myself afraid to talk about what I believe. The above quote from Jesus Is gave me so much perspective.

It doesn't bother me that people don't believe the same things I do, so why should expect them to be bothered by what I believe? (I guess it kind of bothers me....I want everyone to know the truth about Jesus, but I need to stop worrying about all the details. I guess that's what I'm saying.)

I guess I'm just trying to say that if I've never told you or never made it clear (even though I think I have), I believe God's word. I believe the Bible. All of it. I have a lot to learn. I won't even pretend that I know it all. But I know a lot, and I know the things that matter the most.

When it comes to Jesus, it comes down to grace and peace and love and life.

Look for Part 4 of our Story about Timing tomorrow night.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs