When you need to be silent

Sunday, October 20, 2013

I've been intentionally silent for a few days. 

I know that I said I was writing everyday. I usually do. 

I just needed some time to re-group I guess. 

Deciding to homeschool has been sort of a big deal. We've tried to make it not that big of a deal, but it is. We are all adjusting. 

The biggest change we see is in Addison's attitude. We don't have the sass or the talking back nearly as much as we did when she was at school. I don't know why. It's just a very obvious change that makes me happy. 

We are doing our best to get into the groove. It's easier and harder than I thought it would be all at once. It feels right, and I have complete peace about it. 

It's still sort of weird when someone asks her where she goes to school and she says she's homeschooled. It's like that awkward, "oh....you guys are those kind of people" moment.  

Yep. We're those kind of people. 

She misses her friends. We're working on getting her super connected to other girls her age. That's important, but that's where I've been. Adjusting. 

Sometimes adjustment is good and necessary and okay. 

I feel like I have my feet underneath me going into this week. I sure do hope so. Regardless, I'll be here. Writing is part of me. Somehow it clawed it's way into my day and my life and my routine and honestly, I'm sort of weird when I don't write. So I'm back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs