To Yearn for Routine

Friday, August 15, 2014




Every year about this time, I get anxious and ready for the school-year-routine while at the same time wishing summer would last forever.


It's a restless tension that settles deep in my soul. Both sides battling to win it all......never ending carefree summer days vs. the security and routine of the school year.



Our summer consisted of many a late summer night spent chasing fireflies where our neatly mowed grass meets the tree line and the fireflies are easiest to catch simply because there are so many of them.






But summer is hard sometimes. When you work from home, part of you wants to not work all summer long and spend every day at the pool  or on lunch play-dates at chick-fil-a. Both are perfect summer pastimes if you ask me.



But our summer also involves a team that we love dearly that we need to set goals with and encourage and support. There are trips to be had and conversions to attend. And all those things are simply glorious.



In the same breath that I call summer glorious, my mind races to jeans and crisp Fall mornings, visits to the pumpkin patch, and pumpkin spice lattes.....pots of chili simmering all day and fires in the fireplace.



I hate to wish away a season, but I'm ready to say that I'm nearly ready for those cool mornings and the need to wear boots most days of the week.




Schools coming y'all. And so is Fall. Are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs