Hello September....

Thursday, September 3, 2015

I love September, but I think it's weird how September never really feels like I think it should. 

I feel like September 1st should usher in cool, crisp mornings and the need to wear a light sweater and make pumpkin muffins. But it never quite works like that in Oklahoma. It's still mega hot and the flies are invading my kitchen like it's still the middle of Summer. 

But nevertheless, I still love September. It means a new catalog and new Fall scents in the Scentsy world. The kiddos go back to school. We fall back into a routine, and football season starts. I'm not huge football watcher necessarily, but I grew up in a house where we hosted football watch parties every weekend. I've come to find the sound of a football game playing on the TV to be oddly comforting. 

As each new month opens, I like to sit down and set some goals for myself for that month, both for my business and for my personal life. 

This month, I'm keeping things pretty simple. A long time ago, I started a planning method I call the Sunday 7. It's a simple way to look at the most important areas in your life and set goals for those areas accordingly. 

You can read more about the Sunday 7 here.  Also you can find lots of posts about the Sunday 7 on the right hand side of the blog under Categories. 

I'm using my Sunday 7 planning method to help me set some goals for September. 

The Sunday 7

  1. Faith: in the Bible everyday, intentional prayer time/journaling
  2. Family: spend one-on-one time with each kiddo everyday this month...even if it's just for 5 minutes
  3. Friends/Relationships: Lunch with a friend this month and in-house coffee dates with my Scentsy team. 
  4. Work: Sell at least $2,000 of Scentsy and Velata this month AND help 2 new people start their own businesses this month. 
  5. Health and Fitness: Walk 3 times a week and start a light weight workout 
  6. Money Management: schedule our monthly budget meeting, stay on top of both business and personal accounts, and live on our budget. 
  7. Downtime: Read. Listen. And find space for rest. Don't overdo it. Snuggle that baby A LOT and enjoy the newborn life.....it's only a season....soak it up. 


What about you? What are your goals for this month? And how do you go about setting and keeping goals? I love learning about how other people stay motivated and focused. Please share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs